Traveling is essential, well to me at least but it’s not always affordable. The more I travel the less I discriminate against airlines.
In my search for the cheapest and shortest flights possible, Spirit is almost always the first on my filtered “low to high” list, on any website.
For many reasons, Spirit is rarely anyone’s first choice. Additional fees is probably the number one reason, but if youlook on the bright side you only pay for what you use with spirit airlines.
Traveling with spirit has had its up and downs so below is a list of ways I survive travel.
1. After booking, check the spirit website to verify your flight status. I booked a trip to LA recently through a 3rd party, got to the airport and spirit could not find my ticket. Apparently the 3rd party was not able to verify my purchase with spirit and cancelled my ticket. I was pissed so verify your flight info the after purchase and the week of travel.
2. Pay from luggage in advance. Spirit will send you several emails after you book encouraging you to purchase bags and preferred seating online to save money. Just do it! Otherwise you will be paying more when you get there. I only take spirit for short rides and short stays. I’ve always only taken one free personal bag (book bag or tote).
3. Print boarding pass at before you arrive or at the airport kiosk. If you go to the desk and get help from a spirit representative you will be charged $10.
4. If you apply for the spirit master card you will receive 2,500 free fly miles. “The guy next” to me did it and put down all false info.
5. If you know you want a snack during the flight get someone that you can get through security like no drinks, or get someone once you are through security. You are able to board with food from the airport.
Safe travels ☺️